Yarn snob wool only….yeah that’s not me! I must admit I tried to buy only wool yarns from my lys (local yarn store) but I felt limited. As a new knitter and fairly experienced crocheter, I felt the pricey wool yarns should be used on fancy intricate knit patterns I would need to learn. Acrylic yarn on the other hand I have no problem digging into to get going on blankets, toys, kids items, test crochet projects!
So here are the top 5 reason I like Acrylic yarn
1. It’s easy to source. Hello Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joann’s !
2. It’s super affordable – I love my Red Heart Super Saver skeins! There $2.88-5.88 depending on if you want Jumbo or SUPER Jumbo..hello!
3. It comes in different textures. Sturdy – for when items need more shape like hats, toys. Soft – for baby items and anything that touches the skin.
4. No possible allergies to animal fibers lamb, alpaca, goat, rabbitt.
5. You don’t mind using it because of all the reasons abouve!
What do you think of acrylic yarn? Do you use it? What is your favorite brand?